Copyrights, Trademarks, and Trade Secrets… Oh my!
How important is Intellectual Property Law? It’s so important that it is mentioned in the Article 1 of the United States Constitution.
“The Congress shall have power… To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries…”
Protecting your intellectual property ensures that the value and goodwill that you have acquired, or plan to acquire, through hard work and innovation is not diluted, misused, lost, or stolen. This value is not just the present value, but if you plan to transition your business to your family or exit through a sale of your business, protecting your intellectual property rights can make the difference in the ultimate value or purchase price of your business. In the present, through utilizing intellectual property licensing agreements, you can leverage the value and goodwill of your trademarks and copyrights and generate revenue. Additionally, safeguarding your intellectual property means protecting consumers from counter-fitting, knock-offs, and imposters.
There are numerous intricacies and nuances in Intellectual Property Law, and attorney Christopher Cervellera of CERV LAW, PLLC can help you understand and navigate these hurdles to be successful.
Intellectual Property Practice Areas
Attorney Christopher Cervellera of CERV LAW, PLLC has the skills and experience to help you in a number of Intellectual Property Law areas including:
- Trademark and Trade Name Registration & Renewal
- Trademark and Trade Name Infringement & Enforcement (Cease & Desist Notices, Claims, and Actions)
- Trademark and Trade Name Licensing Agreements
- Copyright Registration & Renewal
- Copyright Infringement & Enforcement Services (Cease & Desist Notices, Claims, and Actions)
- Copyright Licensing Agreements
- Domain Name Disputes and Domain Name Squatting Issues
- Trade Secret Inventorying and Protection
- Internal Reviews of Policies and Controls
- Non-disclosure Agreements
- Non-compete Agreements
- Cease & Desist Notices, Claims, and Actions
- Trade Secret Infringement & Enforcement Services (Cease & Desist Notices, Claims, and Actions)